We are the pioneers in Management & HR consulting in Bangladesh, with 20+ years of hands-on HR experience, providing end to end services focusing on quality and integrity.
We began our journey in 1994 as MRK Consultants to provide specialized services to the business community in Management and HR areas at a time when such services were unavailable in the country. In 1999, we became Monower Associates.
In the last 25 years, we have worked with most major organizations in Bangladesh, covering the public and private sectors, UN agencies, international donors, diplomatic missions and NGOs. Along the way we have earned our clients’ trust as the go-to provider of reliable and consistent Management and HR services.
Our Senior Consultants are seasoned HR practitioners with a combined 100+ years’ experience in leading multinational organizations, which is unparalleled in Bangladesh.
- Superior customer value
- Integrity, efficiency, reliability
- Timely delivery
- Quality service
We strive to build long term bonds with our clients.
We understand the market.
We combine individual, local and global perspectives.
Mr. Monower Ahmed, CEO & Lead Consultant, retired as a Board Member and HR Director from British American Tobacco Company Limited, after a period of 50 years in the field of Human Resources. He started his career with the Government of Pakistan as Assistant Central Labor Commissioner, later moving to the private sector starting with Carew and Company, followed by GlaxoSmithKline. In the last 25 years, he has steadfastly guided this industry as the pioneer who defined the Management & HR concept in Bangladesh.
- Downsized the business operation of BAT by closing down a plant employing 2,000 people after evaluation of its impact on the stakeholders.
- Helped BAT design a social safety net for its staff while ensuring the company maintained its business leadership and guided the Board to discharge its social responsibilities.
- Peacefully resolved a major industrial relations crisis at Glaxo Pakistan Ltd. in 1969, where the top management had been besieged by the workers for 72 hours
- Successfully negotiated sixteen Long Term Agreements with workers in various multinational organizations
- Presently serving as Independent Director on the Board of IDLC Finance Limited as the Chair of the Board Audit Committee and Board Investment Committee.
- Former Member of the Board of Governors of South East Asian Cooperation On Management Development (SEACOMD) while in BAT.
- Former member of the Executive Committee, Bangladesh Employers’ Association, where he represented the Bangladesh employers in ILO conferences in Europe, North Africa, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
- Former member of the Government Wages Commission, representing Bangladesh Employers’ Association, for determining minimum wages in different industrial sectors in the country.
- Former Member, representing the Bangladesh Employers’ Association, of the National Steering Committee on Vocational Training Reforms, organized by the ILO and the Government of Bangladesh.
- Keynote speaker and guest lecturer in multiple universities, corporate bodies and seminars
- Executive Member of Bangladesh Society for Human Resources Management (BSHRM)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (UK)
- Member of Institute of Management Consultants, Australia